My concept is about the weaving of different parts into an overall composition. I looked fo images that used a weaving structure in interesting ways.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
When looking for precedents, I searched for showrooms and stores that had interesting ideas for displays. Each of these also have strong linear qualities that flow throughout the whole space, something that I want to do with this project.
The AVL showroom in Milan, Italy. Designed by Fabio Novembre.
Stuart Weitzman store, also designed by Fabio Novembre.
Snaidero USA showroom, by Giorgio Borruso.
Friday, December 10, 2010
First step: programming and ideation. Scans from my sketchbook:
- Sustainable design in the carolinas
- promote and supply sustainable design services
- living space that demonstrates sustainable processes and products
- interior that integrates universal design, sustainable design, functionalism, and creativity
- follow LEED guidelines, design excellence
- attractive displays and staff areas
- entertaining clients
- Lisa Han, owner
- Business manager
- sustainable design specialist
- maintenance people
- sustainable product specialist
Types of products featured:
- Plumbing/water collection
- Low VOC wall covering/paint
- Recycled products
- Geo-thermal system
- Solar energy collection