Monday, February 9, 2009

Watercolor Vignettes

These are the vignettes I did while "drinking and drawing." First I went to Panera Bread where I saw this couple. They were very quiet and didn't seem very happy. They were sitting in a booth and had a light right above them which create a soft ambiance. I loved all the colors in the fabrics/walls and tried to show that with colored pencil and watercolor.


The next people I drew were a younger girl and an older woman. They were there before and after I left. They talked constantly and seemed to be working on their laptops. Whatever they were working on must have been pretty important.


Last I went to Caribou coffee and got a nice white chocolate mocha. I drew a couple sitting by the window. They were around my age and were on their laptops. The guy had really poofy hair. The atmosphere at Caribou is very warm and comfortable, probably because of all the wood tones.

No comments: