Monday, October 6, 2008

Unity: Comparing projects

My project:
Classmate's project:

I chose to compare my project to Hailey Granetz project because I noticed some similar qualities in our structures. We both used the skewers vertically and bound the bristol board cards around the skewers. The paper is folded around the skewers in exact angles all around which creates a space inside the project. While she created an overall rectangular cylinder, mine is a hexagonal cylinder. This is playing with the idea of closure, which is another technique used to create unity. Proximity is another important aspect to create unity in my project, and I can see it is in Hailey's also. I created a sense of depth with how close the cards were to each other and making these spaces equal. Hailey did this by creating an equal space between the main box shape at the top of her project and the two corners at the bottom. This space is the same width as those squares. Another thing I find similar to my project is her placement of some of the skewers. All of my skewers are grouped together in twos. Eight of her skewers are also grouped together this way. My skewers are about a quarter inch apart, while hers are actually touching.

No comments: