Sunday, April 11, 2010

Strengths as a designer

My strengths as a designer have to do with the fact that I truly care about the users of the space. I put myself in the position of the clients and what they need or want. The function of the space is very important and I try to not insert ideas just because they look good. I make sure to properly research them, especially if it’s a user I don’t know a lot about. This allows me to design spaces that they appreciate and that work for them. Having drawing and rendering skills is very important to me as well. This allows me to quickly get my initial ideas out, develop them, and finally create the designed space in a visual form. I find hand renderings to be more appealing and sparking the imagination and emotions for the people looking at them. Lastly, I work extremely hard to make sure I am putting my best work out there. This has developed more as time has gone on. I will sacrifice sleep or fun in order to get my work done. It is important to me because if I’m not putting my best work out there I will regret it.

No comments: