Thursday, April 8, 2010

unity Village: Phase 3

For the final phase of the project, we will each be designing a residential unit for a given client. My clients are two male college students who share an apartment. They don't cook, like having their friends over, hold poker nights, play video games, and watch sports. They're pretty much the exact opposite of me, which makes it a fun challenge to design for them. I plan on evolving my previous concept to fit the new space, which includes a curved entrance. I will keep using clean lines, geometric shapes, taking advantage of natural light, and pops of color. Here are some images of inspiration I've found so far:


This is an inspiring images just because it mixes the idea of fun and functionality. It is something unexpected and youthful, both important ideas for my design.

I love the idea of incorporating wood on the walls. I might do this instead of having wood on the floor and ceiling. This makes the bed a huge focal point and it even has rectangular cut-out.


I plan on integrating some of the seating in the living/dining area.


No comments: